Let’s get your Instagram account set up for connection to BTTP! ✨
In order to activate auto-posting and link your account to BTTP, your Instagram account will need to be set up as a Business Profile and connected to a Facebook Page.
Please make sure that your profile is set to Public-Private accounts can’t switch to Business accounts and we will not be able to publish scheduled posts through BTTP.
Before we start, the setup is different on mobile and desktop, Please ensure which guide you’re following.
How do I convert to an Instagram Business Profile and connect to Facebook on mobile?
1. Go to your profile on the Instagram app and tap the ⚙️ Settings icon
2. Tap Account, and then tap Switch to Professional account.
3. Follow the workflow here introducing the benefits of Professional accounts.
4. Select the category of your Instagram account from the list. Tap done.
5. Check the Business box. Tap Next.
6. Review your contact info. Tap Next.
7. Connect to Facebook or connect to your Facebook Page if Facebook is already set up with your Instagram account. If you haven’t got a Facebook Page set up, simply tap the ‘Create a Page’ link and you can set one up easily within the Instagram app.
You can also connect to a Facebook page on your Instagram profile, tap Edit Profile, and underneath Public business information click Page.
If the Set Up Autoposting pop-up has disappeared, please press ‘Refresh Connections’ in your Instagram Account Settings.
How do I convert to an Instagram Business Profile and connect to Facebook on desktop?
1. On the Instagram website, click your profile icon in the top right hand corner and click ⚙️ Settings.
2. Click Switch to Professional account.
3. Check the Business box. Click Next.
4. Follow the workflow here introducing the benefits of Professional accounts.
5. Select the category of your Instagram account from the list. Click done.
6. Review your contact info. Click Save.
7. To connect your Instagram account to a Facebook page, head to Facebook website and click Pages.
8. Select the Facebook page you wish to connect to. Or, click + Create New Page.
9. Enter Page information, and click Create Page. (Skip this step if you already have a page created)
10. Click into Settings, then Instagram, and then Connect Account.
11. In the Instagram popup, log in to the correct Instagram account. Once done, Facebook can take up to 1 min to update, and voila! You’re connected! 🎉